Denise Venturi – 2013/2014
9 October 2018 at 1:34 AM #12110Denise VenturiParticipant
Dear masteroni, I would love to have your support as I am running for Board elections 🙂
<p style=”text-align: center;”>In a nutshell: watch this less-than-2 min video here! </p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>… and/or read below 🙂</p>
About me: I’m Italian, but most of all proudly European and citizen of the world. I am 35 y.o. and I currently work at UNHCR + doing a PhD in Refugee Law. Previously, I’ve worked as a laywer and with NGOs.
<p style=”text-align: center;”>I’ve been part of the E.MAlumni Association Board since 2015/2016. This would be my last year and last chance to be part of this amazing experience.</p>
5 questions you’d probably like to ask me
1. So, why are you running again? Because that’s my way of contributing to the E.MA world, which gave so much to me.
2. What (more) can you bring to the Association, after 2 mandates?
- A sound knowledge of EIUC/GCA/EMAlumni Association dynamics
- Experience in mentoring young masteroni and developing career coaching activities
- Commitment, dedication and creative thinking
3. How do you see the future of the Association?
As an ever-expanding network of human rights professionals, at the forefront of human rights challenges. Our network as a huge potential and it is up to us to nurture it in order to make the best out of it. My vision of the Association is that of a network of professionals which can stand out and be recognised as expert and reliable in the field of human rights. The Association is build for Alumni and should increase both personal and professional opportunities for them.
4. After graduation I felt left alone. Why should I care and be involved in the Association?
We have the potential for being the biggest network in our field. The Association is build by Alumni for Alumni and needs our support in order to function make a significant contribution for Alumni right after graduation and, of course, beyond. Your support and mine do count. If you support me, I will make sure to support your needs and bring your ideas into the EMAlumni Board.
5. Should you be elected, which areas would you focus on?
- Career coaching and development activities, both online and face-to-face
- Increase the participation of Alumni in the life of the Association and in other related activities
- Set up and promote an Alumni Activism Prize
- Fostering bonds with other regional masters (GCA)
Some activities I have been working on during my time as Board Member:
- Organization of Career Days
- Mentoring programme
- 20th EMAnniversary
- Informal gatherings, conferences and workshops
Please consider voting for me – that’s my last chance to contribute to our E.MAzing Alumni network as Board Member!
Questions/Doubts/Comments/Ideas? Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The forum ‘2018 Elections – Candidates’ posts’ is closed to new topics and replies.