GCA Communication Intern (Part-time)
The Global Campus Alumni Association is looking for a Communication Intern (Unpaid, Part-time 50%, Home-based) for a 3-months period starting November/December 2014.
Please see below for a full Job Description.
Interest candidates can email their CV + Motivation letter to email@example.com before and not later than 23 November 5PM CET.
GCA COMMUNICATION INTERN
(Remote, Part-time, Unpaid)
Job title: GCA Communication Intern
Place within the GCA:
Hierarchically & functionally accountable to the GCA Secretary-General (SG)
Works from home (remote mode)
Receives functional support regarding his/her functions and role from SG and other GCA Representatives and Board Members?
Job dimension:IT / Communication / Marketing support to the GCA Network via the use of GCA website, Social Media, Email, database
Starting date:November 2014 (ASAP)
Internship type: Unpaid, part-time (50%)
I. Description of Work context
In the framework of a developing global network of 2,500 Human Rights Alumni who are part to the 6 Alumni associations of the Global Campus Initiative, the communication, outreach and marketing activities are growing exponentially and increasingly require dedicated attention and work.
II. Core Responsibilities and Tasks
The Communication Intern will be a proactive team member andcustomer-focused person to assist with our internal and external communications, outreach, media work and market research activities.
The main tasks will include:
Planning and implementing small projects in close cooperation with the Global Campus Alumni
Regular contribute to update of the current E.MAlumni website
Support the development of the structure and content of the new GCA website
Work on the design, production and distribution of the GCA Newsletter
Contribute to the strategic structure of a new large database and lead in data entry, management and analysis
Contribute to the update and management of the Facebook page
Respond to individual enquiries via email
Participate to regular Skype meetings with the GCA associations
Engage in regular M&E and provide timely report of activities
The internship is an unpaid position. However, as a GCA intern you will benefit from:
– A unique work experience in a dynamic and international environment in a human rights and education context ;
– Priority access to GCA/Alumni training programmes (i.e. mentoring scheme, career coaching etc.);
– On-the-job learning in helping shape a young human rights organisation;
– Regular one-to-one supervision and coaching from line manager;
– Valuable contacts with members and partners on all levels and in many countries.
> Degree from one of the GCA Human Rights Master Programmes:
– European Master’s (E.MA) Degree in Human Rights and Democratisation
– LLM/MPhil Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa
– European Regional Master’s Degree in Democracy and Human Rights in South East Europe
– Master of Human Rights and Democratisation (Latin America and Caribbean)
– Master of Human Rights & Democratisation in Asia and Pacific Regional Program
– Human Rights and Democratisation in Eastern Partnership Countries
> Enthusiasm for the Global Campus Alumni network’s principles and goals
> Reliable and fast internet connection
> Proven knowledge of and practice of working with WordPress
> Excellent communication and reporting skills
> Accountable, reliable, sharp, attentive to the detail and ready to engage in regular supervision with direct supervisor
> Pro-active / elf-starter, good team player, creative thinker, fast learner, flexible and adaptable
> Ready for an online, remote and autonomous work, therefore not physically part of a team
> English native speaker
> Previous experience of website development
> Previous experience in an IT / Communication position in an international network / association
> Knowledge of and interest in working with softwares and programmes like Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Customer Relations Management tools, Doodle, Social media, Email
> Knowledge of other languages
> Previous active involvement with one of the Alumni association?
V. How to Apply
Send your CV and a motivation letter firstname.lastname@example.org by23 November 2014, 6PM CET(Brussels time).