Call for Applications for Global Campus Alumni/E.MAlumni Executive Officer
Call for Application for the full time position of GCA and E.MAlumni Executive Officer
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Human Rights Enthusiast to get involved in a very dynamic and international organisation and network of organizations. The role will suit someone who enjoys working flexibly and independently, who has the drive to shape this position and grow in responsibility. While administrative tasks make up a considerable part of this role there are many unique opportunities to initiate and manage high-impact projects independently.
The Global Campus Alumni (GCA) is the organisation of the Alumni Association of the six regional masters on Human Rights and Democratisation funded by the European Commission in six world regions in the framework of theGlobal Campus(GC). The E.MAlumni Association (www.emalumni.org) is the Alumni Association of the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA) organised by the European Inter-University Centre for Human Rights and Democratisation (EIUC –www.eiuc.org). Thanks to the financial support of EIUC and GC, the GCA and E.MAlumni Association is recruiting a full-time Executive Officer. This exciting role will support and strengthen the GCA and E.MAlumni Association and assist the GCA and E.MAlumni Board in coordination and implementation of projects and services for the E.MAlumni community.
The Executive Officer is responsible for the management of projects and activities of the Association and of the GCA in line with instructions given by the E.MAlumni President and Board, GCA representatives and reporting to them. His/her principal tasks are:
● Monitor and track activities carried out by the Working Groups, independently manage specific projects such as the GCA Mentoring Programme
Administrative support of the E.MAlumni Board and GCA
● Organizing the shared drive, drafting communication, schedule meetings through Doodle, take minutes, support event organization
Website and Online Management
● frequently update website, facebook, twitter, linked-in and increase the reach through online and social media
● support drafting of projects and annual budgets, oversee membership contributions, liaise with banks
The successful candidate will
● be passionate about human rights, familiar with the E.MA, E.MAlumni and Global Campus and their structures, and committed to the aims and objectives of the E.MAlumni Association;
● be highly proactive and self-motivated with an excellent capacity to work remotely and independently but never in isolation and knows when to sign-off is required;
● be reliable, highly organised and perform tasks within agreed time-frame and keeping to contracted working hours without face-to-face supervision;
● have very good IT knowledge including word processing, spreadsheets, web-editing software and be familiar with remote working tools including email, virtual documents (i.e. gdocs or google drive), social networks (including facebook, twitter and LinkedIN), online meeting software (i.e. skype), office software, project management software, mass mailing software (i.e. Mailchimp), survey software (i.e. Surveymonkey) and similar tools;
● have excellent communication skills and and drafting skills and a very good command of spoken and written English;
● have relevant proven experience in project management, administrative work and in a coordinating role.
● Desired skills include: Prioritising, Forward acting, Strategic thinking, Attention to detail, Drive, Coordination ability, Tecnical experimentalism on the Internet, Solution orientation and problem solving
Sound knowledge of the functioning of the EU and other relevant donors and actors in the field of human rights as well as knowledge of Italian are added values.
Priority will be given to candidates who have graduated in the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (E.MA).
The E.MAlumni Association is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people of society.
Terms and Conditions:
● Working place: This is a remote position. The selected candidate will be able to work from a place of his/her choice and will be responsible for ensuring reliable computer and internet access at all times during working hours.
● Working hours:The position is full time, 40 hours per week. The selected candidate will comply with working hours which can be flexible but he/she should be available for skype meetings and respond swiftly to any communication from the GCA and E.MAlumni Board. A detailed report of activities shall regularly be produced online (shared spreadsheet). Possible travel to Venice and/or Brussels and/or other destinations may be required.
● Reporting to: GCA and E.MAlumni Board.
● Area of Activity: Administration and project management in the field of Human Rights.
● Salary: The gross salary offered is 1250 euros per month. The selected candidate will be responsible for paying eligible taxes as requested by the fiscal institutions by residence. If the selected candidate is eligible for paying taxes under the Italian taxation system, tax will be partly or fully deducted from the salary before being paid out. The selected candidate may be requested by the E.MAlumni and EIUC to produce documents certifying his/her exemption from Italian taxation system (i.e. certificate of value and agreement against double imposition between the country of residence of the candidate and Italy).
● Contract period: The contract offered isfor four months (until 31 July) with the possibility of extension for equal or longer periods.
● Probationary and notice periods:The first contract of four months also corresponds to the probation period with 2 weeks notice.
● Renewal: The contract will be avaliated by EIUC
● Starting date: immediately
● The filling and maintenance of the Executive Officer position is contingent upon funding by EIUC.
How to apply:
● Log-in or register in the E.MAlumni Website: www.emalumni.org;
● Upload your full CV in (pdf or word) in the E.MAlumni website
○ (by clicking on your user-name on the top-right hand corner)
● Email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, a letter of motivation, a link to the personal profile in the E.MAlumni website and include the names and contact details of two references.
We might take up references prior to interview.
Deadline: Tuesday 1 April 2014midnight CET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an online interview (skype).